Celebrate Hanukkah with Light, Latkes, and Dreidels
Holidays Around the World Series
Hanukkah, Hanukkah, Hanukkah! OY Hanukkah!
Hanukkah is really a minor holiday in Judaism-or it was for many, many years. But because it’s so close to Christmas, which is, let’s face it, the holiday to beat all holidays, it has become bigger and well, brighter. Better? I’m not going to argue about whether it’s good or bad-it just is.
So let’s CELEBRATE!! The first thing you should do, of course, is buy my book. Why? Well for one thing, it has the best recipe EVER for potato latkes–mine! And there are beautiful pictures of people all over the world celebrating Hanukkah. Not only that, but if you read it you’ll learn the story of why we celebrate Hanukkah for eight days. Hint: it didn’t start with the oil…What? I guess you’ll have to buy the book! (Shameless, shameless, I know, but when you believe in something, you just have to stand up for it, like the Macabees did, and I believe in this book!)
Praise for Celebrate Hanukkah:
- Chosen for About.com’s “Top 11 Children’s Books About Hanukkah.”
- Featured on: “Great Hanukkah Books for Kids,” released by the Association of Jewish Libraries.
- Featured in my interview forThe Book of Life.
- Named as An Association of Jewish Libraries Notable Book for Younger Readers.
- Named as a Notable Social Studies Trade Book by the National Social Studies Teacher/Children’s Book Council.